Flying Twitter Bird Widget By way2blogging.org
 

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cyberbullying in the Club Penguin Community Part 2

You might be wondering why you're reading this after I posted about quitting my blog. Well, I decided to post about cyberbullying because the issues in the Club Penguin Twitter community haven't been resolved since I became less active. In fact, they have gotten much worse. After taking a break from Twitter, I'm beginning to think I shouldn't fully leave until I know I've done everything I can to help you guys. Deep down I still really care about all of you. (Just pretend you didn't see that last sentence. I hate admitting my feelings.)

Anyway, I wrote about cyberbullying earlier this year. If you haven't seen that post you can read it here. So I decided to post more tips relating to drama and cyberbullying. If you get involved in drama, please take the time to calm down and think before you reply to someone. When people get emotional, they tend to say things they don't mean and wish they could take back. Believe me, I've wanted to pwn someone a minute or two later, but it's not always the best thing to do. Arguing when you're angry makes the situation a lot worse. Log out of Twiter or even turn of the computer, phone, etc if you have to.

Also, try to see things from the other person's point of view. Everyone has different opinions and perspectives. It's what makes us unique. If you don't agree with someone, politely tell them and if they get upset and resort to being disrespectful, that's their problem. Just move on and don't get offended when people don't believe or agree with the same things you do.

If you see drama happening, the best thing to do is not get involved. I know it's tempting to take sides and defend who you think is right, but all it does is fuel the fire. Stay neutral and do not subtweet about it either.

Last, but definitely not least, everyone needs to stop saying stahp the drama. All you're doing is making the people involved angrier. It's called reverse psychology. Usually, if you want someone to do something, you tell them to do the opposite. A good example is Thing 1 and Thing 2 from the movie, "The Cat in the Hat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

> Light Purple Pointer