Flying Twitter Bird Widget By way2blogging.org
 

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Farewell Club Penguin

Sorry to say that after 7 years I'm officially quitting Club Penguin. I have other interests now since I'm currently enrolled in cosmetology school and will be graduating next March. Plus Club Penguin just isn't the same anymore.

This year's Music Jam is a prime example of the direction it's going in by reaching a younger audience and not even bothering to decorate most of the island. I can't even remember the last time CP reused old party rooms which is what I used to look forward to seeing every month.


When Billybob, Happy77, and Businesmoose left things went downhill. Eventually Disney removed all merchandise (plush figures, trading cards, etc.) from stores except memberships. The original Treasure Book series was discontinued and now the only way to get the exclusive items is to buy certain membership cards. That's a huge ripoff in my opinion.

I didn't know there was a social community outside of Club Penguin until I made a Twitter account back in 2012 to advertise my Pengable (A former private server created by Archiyoso, Graser10, and Waltdisney6) cheats blog. You can view it here.

After Pengable shut down I changed my username to focus more on CP and made a lot of good friends including Chilisaws1, Orreanna2000, CPDodgers4, Turtwig1fan, iCPblog, Ferdthebird, Mt Orange, Trainman1405 (even though he's annoying) etc. I know I forgot someone because I always do so I'm sorry. Eventually, after tweeting for a few months I started this blog and slowly gained followers until I hit 1,000 and had a party to celebrate.


That used to be a huge accomplishment because not many players used Twitter back then. About a year later I stopped blogging to focus on schoolwork. For those of you who don't know, I used to be homeschooled all my life so going to cosmetology school was a big change for me. I'm kinda surprised so many people still follow me when I'm not nearly as active as I used to be. I give up on trying to figure out why.

I'll still be on Twitter every once in a while and thanks to Ferd giving me a 1 month membership I will briefly come back to Club Penguin when something Card Jitsu related happens because I LOVE NINJAS! But seriously, all you have to do is look up my tweets from when Card Jitsu Snow came out. They're so embarrassing...on second thought don't find them. There's no way I could miss an Anniversary Party either, so I'll be online at least once a year. If the island needs my protection, then Agent Super will return to the Elite Penguin Force every once in a while too.

Always remember no matter what anyone else says you're never too old for Club Penguin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

> Light Purple Pointer